Friday 11 June 2010

Data Centre Headaches.

It's a bit of a pipe dream I know as I don't have any budget for this at all, but surely I'm not asking for the impossible or indeed the only person looking for something like this?

I'm looking after a few data centres and machin rooms at the moment and actually managing the power systems and environment needs automating badly! I have no remote monitoring of the power and I have some geriatric environmental monitoring systems that are seriously on their last legs.

What I need is a PDU to install in the racks that can give me:
  • 2 inputs
  • Static Switch between them.
  • 8 - 12 outputs 
  • Sequential start on each port
  • Remote operation of each output
  • Remote monitoring of each port
  • Environmental monitoring of Teperature and humidity.
  • Central management of the lot: e.g. stats gathering etc..
I keep looking but I never seem to find one that does everything, just a subset of what I've listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment